Friday, October 2, 2009

I love America!



This quilt reflects my patriotism and love of America.  I served three years in the US Army and during basic training had the honor of being on flag detail.  It was a dream-come-true for me, as I had always hoped to be a member of a flag detail.

I come from a family of military - my dad was in the Navy, my older brother was in the Air Force, two other brothers were in the Navy, and my husband and I both served during the Viet Nam era.  My husband's family also has many military members, and his dad earned a medal during his tour of duty in World War II as a ball turret gunner.

A few years ago, I had the privilege of visiting Washington DC with my family at the inurnment of our father's ashes at Arlington National Cemetery.  I think I had goose bumps the entire time I was visiting in DC, and my hope is to return for another visit, this time with my husband.

For all her faults, America is still the best country in the world, I think we have the most beautiful flag as well as the best National Anthem in the world.  God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment